Resource Centre Support
Brighton charity The Resource Centre are able to offer support for East Brighton groups.
What does the Resource centre provide?
They offer a wide range of help and support to community groups in Brighton and Hove.
- down-to- earth information sheets that give top tips on all aspects of running a group
- equipment for hire at amazingly cheap rates
- affordable printing facilities for flyers, reports, newsletters and posters
- information about funders and applying for funding
Specialist advice and support
The Resource Centre can also provide specialist advice and support to community-run groups, including most groups in East Brighton, that are run by and for:
- people living in an area of social housing, and/or
- black and minority ethnic people, and/or
- disabled people.
They offer one-to- one advice on any issues that will enable your group to work more effectively.
This can include:
- Helping you to draft a constitution that suits the needs of your group
- Discussing whether you need to register with the Charity Commission
- The role and responsibilities of your committee
- Training for committee members: Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer
- Opening a bank account and setting up an accounts system
- Budgeting, financial planning and doing an annual examination of accounts
- Identifying possible sources of funding and writing funding applications
- Designing and printing information and publicity
- Compliance with monitoring requirements on feedback and accountability
However, they always aim to respond to the support that groups need, so if you need help with something that isn’t on this list you can give them a ring, and they will help you out if they are able to.
If you have applied to East Brighton Trust for a grant and aren’t sure if you qualify for additional support services from The Resource Centre, feel free to give them a ring or drop in. You can have a chat to work out if you qualify.
Even if you don’t they may be able to give you a bit of on-the-spot advice to start you off in the right direction, or direct you to the best written guidance or give you contact information for another organisation that may be able to help you out.
How to get in touch with The Resource Centre
Open from 9am – 4pm Tuesday to Friday.
During these times you can drop in, phone them on 01273 606160 or email them at