East Brighton Trust Property Assets
The Trust owns and operates a number of property assets in East Brighton. These properties comprise of two shops with flats above, the former Bevendean Hotel Public House and the Westergate Business Centre. We achieve a number of objectives through our property management operation, including:
- Provide facilities for local projects
- Enable start-up businesses to grow and prosper in the East Brighton area
- Contribute to the local economy and provide employment opportunities for local people in Brighton and Hove’s most deprived wards, and across the city
- Provide employment space for and actively encourage and promote the growth of businesses, run by and employing local people
- Provide local headquarters for organisations running contracts and projects for the benefit of disadvantaged local people
- Contribute to the housing mix in the East Brighton area by providing affordable family accommodation for local Brighton and Hove key workers
- Delivery of a range of grant programmes
Barcombe Road Shop: 8 Barcombe Road, Moulsecoomb, Brighton, BN1 9JQ
The shop is currently available for lease.The flat above is let as affordable housing.
Manor Hill Shop: 39 Manor Hill, Manor Farm, Brighton, BN2 5EL
The shop is leased to the Green Centre, a voluntary sector organisation whose mission is to provide information and advice on matters that have an effect on the future of the planet. The flat above is let as affordable housing.
Westergate Business Centre: Moulsecoomb, Brighton, BN2 4QN
This is a sate of the art environmentally friendly development, including solar panel heated water, geo-thermal heated central heating and a wind turbine generating electricity, promoting the use of renewable energy and sustainability.
The development comprises nine business units and ten offices, leased to both commercial and voluntary sector organisations.
For more information click here
Bevendean Hotel: 50 Hillside, Brighton, BN2 4TF
The Bevendean Hotel is the latest property asset of the Trust, purchased in December 2010. The property compromises the former bar area on the ground floor and a self-contained flat above with an external beer garden, on a 0.117 hectare site (situated on the corner of Hillside and Widdicombe Way).