During the inaugural year, the fund was awarded to a number of groups across the East Brighton area:
- The Bevy Art & Crafts Group,
- Bridge the Gap 50+ Social Lunch,
- Moulsecoomb Flamenco and Spanish Group,
- Culture Clash
- Moulsecoomb School chickens
- Summer holiday activities at The Bevy
It’s been great to hear of the impact of these grants. The arts and crafts group have since become a constituted group and The Bevy is working with Culture Clash to host more events at the pub and around the East Brighton area. The organiser of the Flamenco and Spanish group told us of the benefits to participants including improved flexibility, strength, stamina, co-ordination, stress relief, community cohesion and general enjoyment as well as having helped some physical conditions.